Sunday, December 31, 2006
Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR!
What was I doing when the clock struck midnight? Configuring netstumbler to work with the sirf 3 chipset in my Streets and Trips GPS receiver.
If you care it is the NMEA 0183 protocol with default scripting enabled. Mine was in Com3 port. Man, I need to get a life...
Saturday, December 30, 2006
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
LETS SEE HOW LONG THIS TAKES!
10:47 - After 5 minutes it is finally done with formatting all 320gb.
11:25 - mmm cake. Still installing.
11:57 - Installing the third set of updates. Only 102 total updates.
12:20 - Done installing all updates to Windows. Have not even started installing drivers.
1:46 - Just now done installing drivers and dot.net patches along with most of my downloaded software. I haven't even gotten to installs off of CD's. I think it is becoming apparent why I needed a larger hard drive.
2:10 - Who in their right mind live blogs a windows reinstall?
2:37 - I get a 10 minute time reduction because I started playing with some bubble rap that was in a box.
2:40 - And another couple of minutes... for forum hopping.
3:21 - AH CRAP! The video card isn't rendering visuals right. I still have ALL my cd based software to go................................................................................ :(
3:31 - BED TIME!
UPDATE: Well poo. Looks like I'm needing to do this again. It isn't rendering graphics worth a crap and both screen are VERY noticeable in their color differences. I still can't get the TV tuner to work, main thing there is I installed HOME edition not Media Center Edition... AIEEEEEE!
My best geek gift? Now if I can get it to work with netstumbler....
If anyone noticed I was able to get my blogs updated by removing all the addons I have done over the past two years and then publishing the template. Then blogger was more than happy to install the update to both. Figures Eh?
Haha. On the local
Friday, December 22, 2006
Libertarian. I had not even heard of a Libertarianism up until a couple years ago. I considered myself a Republican and I was satisfied with the party. I had no want or need to go looking for a new political affiliation. What else was there? Democrats?
I always knew I never fit in with the Ann Coulters, Michelle Malkins, Sean Hannitys and a very large portion of the conservative Republicans. Something always irked me about them being so self-righteous on their opinions so often.
After the 2004 Presidential election and all my campaigning for Mr. Bush. I was ecstatic that the Republicans had the House, Senate, and the Presidency. Almost from the start the republicans started cowering at the feet of loudmouth democrats. After 6 months of this I was ready for change. I knew there was no way in hell I would become a democrat.
I began hearing about this thing called the Fair Tax written by some guy named Boortz. This had to be one of the greatest articles of legislation I have ever seen. Soon after I found out Boortz was a Libertarian.
And here I am today. Even more cynical than ever. After that ever brief history here is what I believe.
* "Everyone is Pro-Life and Pro-Choice. It is for or against abortion that your group is about."-Penn Jillette. I believe that abortion is murder. You are taking a life. Yes, it is that simple. However, I don't feel an overwhelming need to do anything about the current situation. What I mean is anyone who feels the need or want to take the life of an unborn child has some screwed up morals. Because of that they, more than likely, vote democrat.... I hold the belief that their is a God, and if I understand this correctly, One of his "Top Ten" was not killing... and something about fire and burning for all eternity.
* The Fair Tax is so simple is has to work.
* I know of an "African-American" that is very white.
* I have a significant amount of Irish and Indian heritage. That means there is little difference in me not giving a shit and killing you.
* I believe that Lincoln was the worst President in the history of this nation. Followed closely by Carter. With Grant in third.
* I believe Islam is infesting the globe and should be dealt with harshly. Don't even think of bringing up the so-called "Moderate" Muslims. Have you read their holy book? The "extremists" are the true Muslims.
* Ahmadinejad, Ill, Chaves, and any other two bit dictator should be assassinated. Not because I don't like them, but they post a grave threat to this Nation and that is reason enough.
* I could care less about the "gay marriage" debate. If two women and two
* Over 90% of the violent crime in this country is committed in the cities with a large minority population. I don't just believe that one. It is a proven fact.
Well? Let me have it.
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Great update morons.
When I go to blogger.com it gets confused and begins an infinite loop. The only way to login then is be EXTREMELY quick at clicking the old blogger login link.
IT EVEN DOES IT IN IE!!!
That's it. I'm done with blogger.
Update: Well I managed to fix the loop. I have to logout of Google and then i can log into blogger. I still can't update nor can I login to Blogs 4 Bauer. I don't really feel like moving this site somewhere else that I have no control of.
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Because I was tagged by Space Monkey.
Here are the rules - Each player of this game starts with the "6 Weird Things About You." People who get tagged need to write a blog entry of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you are tagged' in their comments and tell them to read your blog!1) Apparently I need one
2) I believe I have mentioned my uniform dust issues.
3) With all the articles I have submitted for the Carnival of Cordite many would find it surprising that I don't own a firearm. Not one. Not even a shotgun.
4) Most of my "friends" are on the internet.
5) I collect things. Electronics mostly. Electronics I never use. I have a case of walkie talkies, portable dvd players, cd players, cassette players, weather radios, mini-disc players, PDA's.. All are new, but I never use them very much. That seems like the wrong thing to collect.
6) I can't think of a #6 that is either funny or relevant. Make up one for me, put it in the comments and we'll see if it is true.
With that I tag: Sssteve, Joe & Mae, Wyatt Earp, The CUG, Anti-Hippie.
Friday, December 15, 2006
Kick someone's ass Vilmar!
As linked by:
Old Cat Man
Blogs of War
Stop the ACLU
The Anti-Idiotarian Rottweiler
The Jawa Report
A Blog for All
Political Dishonesty (Not directly related, but close enough)
The Urban Grind
UPDATE: As of 1100 hours Vilmar's blog is back up.
18Dec16 Update: The story has been dugg twice. Here and here.
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
On a unrelated note. Has anyone downloaded any of that free music in that post two below this one? FIAR has proven he can follow directions and downloaded a few. How about the rest of you? Well?
Monday, December 11, 2006
Saturday, December 09, 2006
Megaherz - 5
Megaherz - Herzwerk II
Megaherz - Querschnitt
Megaherz - Himmelfahrt
Megaherz - Kopfschuss
Megaherz - Wer Bist Du
Megaherz - Herzwerk
Eisbrecher - Antikorper
Eisbrecher - Eisbrecher
You may need this tool.
Thursday, December 07, 2006
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Cheating Snacks Vending Machines - video powered by Metacafe
Tuesday, December 05, 2006
9. Private show by the remaining cast of Monty Python
8. The Sword of a Thousand Truths
7. A "Nuke the RIAA from orbit" button (The type you press, not the type you wear)
6. Charles Babbage's brain in a jar of formaldehyde.
5. Life-sized, fully-functional Bender
4. Star Wars Holiday Special where Jar-Jar gets trampled to death by Santa's eight tiny Wookiees
3. Ten terabyte video iPod nano with expandable screen
2. Guided tour of Area 51
1. Customized Google logo on your birthday